Friday, June 8, 2012

London from my window!

'London!' that's how I felt when I first came here. Though London, UK is not my first experience in a foreign land, its fabulous in its own way. When I came out of the airport, I felt that I have landed on a historic city. Its elegant, beautiful, colorful and traditional. Buses, phone booths, post boxes, add a little more 'red' to the colors of London!
Its not surprising that Londoners are proud of London! From the airport, all the way till home i was amazed by the view of row houses and rails, roads with signs and boards. There is a public park in the area which is my favorite pass time. Coming from a place as hot as Chennai, a park in London is like a heavenly garden! The Indian stores here comforted my cooking and living. I am a south Indian food lover, yet I enjoy every other cuisine as well. So, through out my stay here, I did not miss out on the typical Indian food which is a satisfying fact. 
The month of October was not very cold, I needed no weather proof coat then. The weather was pleasant and welcoming. Diwali by visiting the Temple. Too less crackers reminded me of India, where Diwali is always the no.1 festive season! Prepared 'rasamali' to bring the Diwali mood. November, yes, got a coat and we needed the heater at home.
Visiting the 'London Eye' and 'London Bridge' was more like an achievement for me. I have dreamt of the London bridge since the day I knew the nursery rhyme! I was truly excited! A ride on the London eye was another bliss! The London tube and the stations were so standard and remarkable!
Towards the end of December, there was mild snow. Though it was not my first snow, it was as exciting as if it was the first! Yes! That's how I am! Almost everything excites me! But very few last longer! :) 
Christmas! Came well in advance with the houses and streets glittering and decorated. Needless to mention the sparkling stars! It was shining and scintillating! The whole week was fabulous and then I did not miss the Indian December.
This is my first post in my new blog! More to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment